Saturday, November 28, 2009

How long should I keep my mascara before I purchase a new one?

This was on the Tyra Banks show a while ago. Mascara should be changed max every two months. You should change sponges you use to apply makeup weekly so as to not add more bacteria (which causes acne) to your skin. Makeup brushes should be washed with shampoo and conditioner once a week. If they are high quality brushes, make sure you form them properly before you dry them (ps dry them flat. I usually dry them over a heat vent on top of a towel so the air hits the brushes.How long should I keep my mascara before I purchase a new one?
2monthsHow long should I keep my mascara before I purchase a new one?
2-3 months tops b4 buying a new one
mascara should be kept for about 2-3months before purchasing a new one.
6 months in the maximum you should keep any makeup because the quality deteriorates after that.
U can usually tell, it goes from smooth to clumpy and smell weird. I would say every 3 months or so.
It depends on the quality of the mascara, but generally you should throw it away after 2-3 months.
They say that you should only keep your mascara for up to 6 months and then replace it as it can grow mold in the tube from pumping it for every use
3 months.


when it starts to clump a lot it means its time for a new one.
i don't know exactly how many months my mascara(i use loreal lash out) lasts, but i know it's a couple. i definitely know when my mascara is old or empty when i go to use it. when it is old, it's very clumpy and thick on the brush itself and when the bottle is empty, well, hardly any mascara comes out on the brush-go figure. :]
3 months. Any longer than that, and bacteria can build up, leading to an eye infection. Plus, it gets all clumpy after 3 months.
About 3 months.





When the wand stops rising up when you open it.





xoxoxox
depends.. if it gets all clumpy and gross then you should get a new one.. most of them dnt last longer then 2 months.
I normally keep mine for about 1 month or until it clumps up. Be sure not to let too much air get into it (it'll dry it out and make it clump up more)
it's until it dries out and to prevent this from drying out fast is when you use your mascara use the brush to roll on the outside of yout tube instead of putting it back in and pumping it. you only add more air inside the tube which dries it out faster.
the recomended time is 3 months





i have been using the same maskara for about 2 years though. it is a bit clumpy but nothing that cant be fixed with a eyelash seperater.





if you have sensitive eyes, stick to 3 months to avoid infections





if you have sensitive eyes, also avoid sharing maskara

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting